Saturday 27 October 2007

POVs

I've done another scene which is really only the first part of the pizza night. The pizza night happened in the month before my brother died. I think. I'm not sure I'll ever know for sure. It's really hard to write this night. There was so much that happened. (This is the night he left me on I95 and I was chased for at least a half mile by one of three men who tried to get me in their car. Thank god I was in better shape than he was...I think he was worried his friends might leave him behind. He kept looking back which gave me a few extra yards on him each time he lost concentration. Once I got close to lights, he gave up.)

Anyhow, as this is the third bit I've written it's starting to become apparent that my whole point of view is me-focused. And I'm finding that a little worrying. So I guess that's what I'm gonna be asking Mike and Vincent about the next time we meet. I think I need to question what perspective I want to use. I'm sure they'll have some good advice.

No comments: